Welcome to the Silent Woods

The Silent Woods are part of the saga of the haunted farm. The eerie quality of the woods both alluring and sinister. I think they represent the development of an oracle deck quite nicely. They "speak" in their silence in much the same way a good deck does. They cause one to pause and contemplate direction. The Journey Deck is a personal deck and as such its development is a personal endeavor. It is not really a venture to produce and publish a deck. Simply a way of celebrating a history that includes some quite unique and interesting aspects. I mean when you grow up on a haunted farm...there's just a whole lot of stuff that happens in life...and as a woman of "age" I think it is a wonderful way to pass down family history and leave a "mark" so to speak.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Cards 1 and 2 Dragonfly and Grasshopper Say

FINALLY I am actually creating the cards for The Journey deck. I am using images from the internet and magazines etc to create the cards because I am no real artist!  I feel fine about using the images because I am not trying to produce and sell a deck, just creating one for my personal use!

Featured above is Card 1 The Dragonfly, my first identified animal totem. The keeper of dreams and wisdom. Bringer of transformation and enlightenment. I wanted you to be able to see the front and back of the cards. I used a deck of blank cards I bought at amazon.com


Here you see cards one and two.  The second card is Grasshopper Say.  Grasshopper is the keeper of memories and fun. Bringer of laughter and light heartness. But always remember your laughter may make others cover their ears so this card speaks a bit of moderation also.




No comments:

Post a Comment