Welcome to the Silent Woods

The Silent Woods are part of the saga of the haunted farm. The eerie quality of the woods both alluring and sinister. I think they represent the development of an oracle deck quite nicely. They "speak" in their silence in much the same way a good deck does. They cause one to pause and contemplate direction. The Journey Deck is a personal deck and as such its development is a personal endeavor. It is not really a venture to produce and publish a deck. Simply a way of celebrating a history that includes some quite unique and interesting aspects. I mean when you grow up on a haunted farm...there's just a whole lot of stuff that happens in life...and as a woman of "age" I think it is a wonderful way to pass down family history and leave a "mark" so to speak.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Card: The Ouija Board

 
 
So here's a piece of advice my mother always gave me and I've lived by it. "Never use a Ouija board". Now she gave me this little tip long before the Exorcist became a major movie, or any of the other 101 movies aired that had a Ouija board as the crux of the storyline. It was before the internet put thousands of hits on the word and before a Ouija board even became something almost everybody knew of.  It was sage advice, wise advice born of what I consider common sense. Some call it superstition but when you live the daily oddities that we did you never really questioned, you simply understood, the underlying message: "Its better not to tempt things."
 
I remember once when my youngest daughter was about 12 and we were in a toy store and she picked up a box containing a Ouija board and said she was going to use some of her money to buy it. I about freaked out and she had no idea why. Later outside the store I explained what her Grandma Annie, whom she never knew had said about such things. They open doors that are often best left closed.
 
There are those that scoff at such "nonsense" and I certainly understand. When I access my logical, well educated and "modern" mind set I understand. But there is something primitive about the experiences I've had, a darker underlying sense of understanding that others cannot access. It is on that instinct I rely.
 
We've used other forms of communication, cautiously. I even remember a séance of sorts. Currently I own some dowsing rods. What's the difference some ask. I'm not quite sure but there is a difference. That I know. Perhaps its because the dowsing rods offer a basic yes no form of communication whereas the Ouija board itself opens up the communication to a level where evil could twist the words and messages.
 
As a card the Ouija board warns of danger or possible danger. It also represents things perhaps best left alone. It speaks of a primal fear. This is definitely a card that would send energy through a reading and depending on the other cards on either side of it could forewarn of evil intent.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment