Welcome to the Silent Woods

The Silent Woods are part of the saga of the haunted farm. The eerie quality of the woods both alluring and sinister. I think they represent the development of an oracle deck quite nicely. They "speak" in their silence in much the same way a good deck does. They cause one to pause and contemplate direction. The Journey Deck is a personal deck and as such its development is a personal endeavor. It is not really a venture to produce and publish a deck. Simply a way of celebrating a history that includes some quite unique and interesting aspects. I mean when you grow up on a haunted farm...there's just a whole lot of stuff that happens in life...and as a woman of "age" I think it is a wonderful way to pass down family history and leave a "mark" so to speak.

Monday, August 17, 2009

CARD: Hell Hounds

Well you knew I had to get back to the whole haunted farm saga eventually...I'll continue with the little old woman saga another time...because I just watched something on Monster Quest that seriously got me thinking about the hounds of hell...that roamed the farm from the Silent Woods all the way back to the bluff road. They were hunted by many but shot by none.

Monster Quest is not typically a show I watch. It's on the History Channel which pretty much explains my disinterest in it. However my husband does watch it and one day from absolute boredom I sat down and watched an episode...it happened to be about the Chupacabra which actually has its origins in two different places...Texas and Puerto Rico. The version sighted in Puerto Rico is described as two legged and more reptilian like while the sightings in Texas describe a dog/wolf like creature with huge fangs and almost no hair.

According to the show several have even been shot and some DNA testing is being conducted. The first reported sightings of the creatures were in 1995.The episode reminded me of the Hounds of Hell...and make me curious as to their origins. Described as jackel like they do not necessarily sound like the hairless, dry roughed skinned Chupacabra...but it just makes me think...if there are creatures out there roaming that are either a "new animal" or a disformed animal that reproduces in kind then maybe the Hounds of Hell were a freak of nature rather than supernatural....ummm although it hardly explains how they could disappear from one hill side to appear on another...or how they so swiftly avoided bullets.None the less the world holds many unexplained things...whether of this world or another!

No comments:

Post a Comment