Welcome to the Silent Woods

The Silent Woods are part of the saga of the haunted farm. The eerie quality of the woods both alluring and sinister. I think they represent the development of an oracle deck quite nicely. They "speak" in their silence in much the same way a good deck does. They cause one to pause and contemplate direction. The Journey Deck is a personal deck and as such its development is a personal endeavor. It is not really a venture to produce and publish a deck. Simply a way of celebrating a history that includes some quite unique and interesting aspects. I mean when you grow up on a haunted farm...there's just a whole lot of stuff that happens in life...and as a woman of "age" I think it is a wonderful way to pass down family history and leave a "mark" so to speak.

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Other World

Exploring the wide world of the internet...I came upon Chris's post about the Invisibles over at Tarot Eon. This has me pondering again the unusual aspects of the farm and the events that unfolded there. Some I am only beginning to touch on. None are like the Amittyville Horror (thanks goodness) but rather a gentle ebb and flow. I will not deny the fright of some of the instances, nor the possibility that some of the "spirits" were evil, angry, or bad. Simply that our experiences, while sudden, freaky, and a bit unnerving, were not terror producing. They didn't haunt our sleep, or wake us at three in the morning with a sense of foreboding, or any other ghost story cliche. They simply existed right along with us. Eerie at times but usually put out of mind as day to day life continued.

The post The Invisibles, opened another way of thinking for me. The Shamanism that Chris writes about proposes not two different worlds (this one and the next) but rather a world divided, as visible and invisible. The thing is I wrote about a sensation that could be linked to this in a rather rambling post one day over at Ginger's Journey...I can't seem to put my finger on it at the moment but it was a post about how at times in my life I have this odd sensation that something is hurdling at me through the darkness...and I proposed that it was "another me" in another reality. Well it was more complex than that but you get the idea.. Not exactly what is meant by the "invisibles" but still my mind leaps from one to the other so perhaps what I am describing is actually some "transferance" between the two worlds and I am some how sensing it.

Then thinking about that led to me thinking about the farm...Could the events there have actually been the "invisible world" appearing to us in bits and pieces or in flashes so to speak...so that the two worlds co-exist but at times collide. It seems to at least be something to consider along with the more "traditonal" view that what we saw were ghosts and they were from the "next world". In fact, it might explain the ebb and flow quality of the events, as well as the absence of being terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment